About this program:
This Mentoring Program has been created for the landscape photographer who is serious about their work. If you want to improve your Landscape Photos now - without years of mucking around, or wasting time. Working one-to-one with a mentor is THE fastest method of learning, because of the extra motivation and accountability. [ NOTE: Only a few students will be accepted into this Academy each year. ]
Below is a very brief overview of over 10 hours of video training:
- Composition: how to frame your shots, using techniques to create balanced and interesting images. Learn the FUN part of photography!
- Camera Settings: aperture, shutter speed, I.S.O., how and where to focus, how to get the 'perfect' exposure, the use of filters and accessories, and tonnes more, including the Hyperfocal Distance, High Dynamic Range, Lens Diffraction and Crop Sensors vs. Full frame cameras. Canon, Nikon and Sony cameras are used in the DSLR course.
- Computer Workflow: how to develop and enhance a digital negative (RAW) file. From basic exposure tweaks, to complex Luminosity Masking.
- Landscape Photography: how to plan a successful photo shoot - before you leave home. How to predict where the sun, stars & moon will be, months ahead. Learn tips and tricks in the field from a pro.
Mentoring : the secret sauce
Did you know that only about 2-10% of students complete the average on-line course?
To guarantee that YOU do not waste this opportunity, we make it easy. When you enroll in the Academy, you have the added bonus of a tutor who will gently push you along using proven psychological methods, such as:
- Accountability : you will perform better under observation
- Specificity : breaking down lessons into actionable steps with deadlines
- Social Awareness : people do stuff to be valued members of a tribe
- Skin In The Game: when you invest money, you are more committed to take action
What will I learn?
- By the end of this course, you will be planning and implementing your location shoots like a professional.
- You will know how to use your camera, plus know what other gear you may need.
- The composition of your photos will be vastly improved.
- You will become more confident in using industry-standard software to edit and enhance your RAW photos.
- By the end of this program, you will have a portfolio of work you can be very proud of.
- 3 premium courses (filmed in the studio & on location) - from a qualified teacher.
[ The Art of Composition, Discover Your DSLR, and LOCATIONZ ]
- Free Access to all Hot Pixels video training, eBooks and PDF cheat sheets.
- 10 Skype Calls (or similar) - from your Mentor, throughout the year.
- Regular Email schedule with your Mentor, including inspiration, tips, feedback, etc.
- Critique of all your photographs, with verbal & visual tips on how to improve them.
- Practical, hands-on exercises so you really take action. Put the theory into practice.
- Goal-setting to satisfy your own personal desires (e.g. Would you like to win competitions, make money, or get recognition, etc.)
Setting concrete goals will motivate you during the difficult times, disappointments, that life inevitably brings.
- 30-day, 100% Money-Back Guarantee
- Monthly payment plan available
- Quality PDF guides, quizzes & tutorial transcripts - so you can print them out
- All the video courses & content is available 24/7, for years to come
- All content works on MAC and PC
What you need:
- You must own a reasonable DSLR camera,a wide-angle lens, and a sturdy tripod.
- You must have access to a modern computer, preferably a desktop PC, although a big laptop is okay.
- You must be willing to travel in order to photograph different landscapes. Locations are entirely up to you.
- Having a copy of Adobe Photoshop loaded onto your PC (or Mac) is vital if you wanna follow the post-processing tutorials. You will need enough disk space to download Ray's RAW image files, and sufficient RAM to run Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements.
- You can use the FREE 30-day trial of Adobe Photoshop, (which is the full version), for a month.
- Adobe Camera Raw is the app bundled with Photoshop, and is a cut-down version of Lightroom. This is free, and part of Adobe's Creative Cloud Photography plan subscription. (Older, stand-alone versions of Photoshop also include Camera Raw, though this must be up-to-date).
How To Enroll:
Only a few students will be accepted into this Academy each year - Ray's time is valuable!
You must apply by downloading the Application Form below:
What Ray's students are saying:
- Peter George: "The composition lessons helped me understand why some of my photos work and others don't, and helped me be more deliberate in my composition. Although I don't use Photoshop, I found the post processing lessons were generally transferable to my workflow."
- Steve Parkhurst: "I was excited to view this course, not only for the great scenes and teacher, but because NZ has been on my bucket list for decades. I now am able to go there (if not in reality) and visit the places taken in this course. Thanks Ray!"
- Pawel Czerwinski: "A great course! I definitely recommend it. It covers topics like setting up your DSLR right for the scene, composition and such.
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $337
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Tutor: Ray Salisbury
Hi there! My name is Ray, & I live in Nelson, the sunshine capital of New Zealand.
been a keen landscape photographer for over 40 years. My bachelor
degree in Graphic Design included two years' training in photography,
and I now sell images to stock libraries, calendars and magazines.
But my passion is in sharing my success secrets with those of you who are not satisfied with your photos. For 12 years I have inspired
thousands of students as a
qualified art teacher.
teaching professional, I know that a one-way monologue is the most
ineffective method of communication, (and the most boring).
And you all have different personalities;
different learning styles & speeds. I get that, so my courses are tailored to aural, visual & kinesthetic learners.
Plus, I have peppered my courses with animated diagrams, visual aids, quirky quizzes & carefully designed worksheets.
Surprisingly, the most important part of my training courses are NOT
the video lectures, but the hands-on exercises where YOU get to put
theory into practice.
If you have trouble navigating my course, or would like some help, don't hesitate. My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you on the inside...
Photography Tutor @ Hot Pixels Photography
HOW TO ENROLL:
Only a few students will be accepted into this Academy each year - my time is valuable!
You must enroll by downloading the Application Form here:
DOWNLOAD PDF | 2019 Application Form
If you've read this far... you are thorough, and will be an excellent student! I look forward to working with you.