"Excellent course. Comprehensive and very informative with a little bit of humour.
Ray has a unique method of presentation that keeps you coming back for more."
Tim Blake, Student
Struggle to understand camera settings?
Confused with technical terminology?
Bypass these issues ... learn the FUN stuff first...!
- Understand what makes a 'good photo' (or bad photo)
- Learn to compose your photos with clear intent, not randomly
- Understand why your photos 'work' (or don't work)
- Know how to critique your own images
- Be familiar with related terminology & basics of color theory
- Feel goooood about your photography!
Learn the artistic side of photography, and once you've got this mastered ... then learn all that left-brained stuff.
photography courses try to teach you how a camera works.
Technical stuff such as the Exposure Triangle, which is quite difficult to understand.
Here, we get into the aesthetic and the artistic - stuff anyone with two eyes can comprehend.
The rules of composition apply mostly to the landscape genre, but many are applicable in portraiture and in other genres too.
This course is for...
- Beginner or Intermediate-level photographers
- Advanced photographers who have not studied the artistic side of their craft
- Video training & downloadable audio - with lifetime access
- 4 hours of practical exercises - so you remember the theory
- 5 beautifully designed PDF guides - to download and keep
- 1 quiz - to test your recall
- 4 printable worksheets - so you can plan your photo shoots
- 21-page eBook - valued at over $15.00
You will need...
- You need a camera - point-and-shoots and DSLRs are all suitable
- 40 minutes to watch the video training, and over 4 hours to properly complete the practice exercises
About the tutor...
Hi there! My name is Ray, & I live in Nelson, the sunshine capital of New Zealand.
been a keen landscape photographer for over 40 years. My bachelor
degree in Graphic Design included two years' training in photography,
and I now sell images to stock libraries, calendars and magazines.
But my passion is in sharing my success secrets with those of you who are not satisfied with your photos. For 12 years I have inspired
thousands of students as a
qualified art teacher.
teaching professional, I know that a one-way monologue is the most
ineffective method of communication, (and the most boring).
And you all have different personalities;
different learning styles & speeds. I get that, so my courses are tailored to aural, visual & kinesthetic learners.
Plus, I have peppered my courses with animated diagrams, visual aids, quirky quizzes & carefully designed worksheets.
Surprisingly, the most important part of my training courses are NOT
the video lectures, but the hands-on exercises where YOU get to put
theory into practice.
If you have trouble navigating my course, or would like some help, don't hesitate. My email address is: [email protected]
See you on the inside...
Photography Tutor @ Hot Pixels Photography
"Great Course! I thought he made it fun and interesting, I never got bored.
I learned what I expected to learn, and he gave some great tips that I can't wait to use.
Thank you Hot Pixels!"
Kristen Schluter, Student
100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
goal is to help thousands of aspiring photographers fast-track their photo
If you enroll in a Hot Pixels course, give it an honest effort, but it doesn't work for you, let us know within 30 days, and we will refund your money. No hard feelings, no questions asked :-)
Get started now!
- What CURRENCY is shown for the the course PRICE?
U.S. Dollars - because we have students from over 150 countries.
- Can I preview this course before purchasing?
Yes. You may 'try before you buy'. A handful of lectures are available to watch as a sampler.
- What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
- When does the course start and finish?
It is completely self-paced - you decide when you start and when you finish.
- How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
- Is this course mainly Talking Head lectures?
No. Monologues are the most in-effective method of communication.Inside the videos are example photos & diagrams.To reinforce your learning, you also get worksheets, PDFs & quizzes.
- Can I download the video lessons to my computer?
Yes. However, because the lectures are filmed in high-definition (1080p), they may take many hours to download, and may clog up your device. Look for the red ‘download’ button below each lecture.
- Is there a course workbook?
Yes. As not everybody can print from their computers,tablets or smart phones, a comprehensive eBook is provided in PDF format. So you can save it to your device and print it out later, if necessary.
- I cannot afford this course. Why is it so expensive?
Pricing is very relative to what YOU want to achieve. For example... how much would you pay to cut years off your photographic journey?What would it cost you for a photography class at your local polytechnic? What would they charge you for a weekend photography workshop?