"Anyone who is new to photography should take this course - it is excellent. The course is informative and well laid out, with a great instructor."
Gordon Bailey, student
This course is for...
- Beginner & Intermediate photographers
- Photographers still shooting in Auto Mode
- Those new to DSLR cameras
You will need...
- You need a DSLR camera (e.g. Canon or Nikon) or a Sony mirror-less model (e.g. Sony A6000 )
- 90 minutes video training + allow 2 hours to properly complete the practice exercises
You will learn:
- How your camera works, plus fundamentals such as how to hold and carry a DSLR.
- Photography basics, such as the Exposure Triangle, Depth of Field & Exposure Reciprocity.
- When to use your Viewfinder, LCD Display, or Live View.
- How to customise your camera settings.
WARNING: this course isn't just a Talking Head monologue - YOU are required to apply what you've learned in 6 practical exercises. PLUS: the videos are illustrated with sample photos, digital animations of key concepts, and closeups of a range of DSLRs. [Canon, Nikon & Sony.]
These practice shoots will teach you:
1.How to use Exposure Compensation, as well as the Metering Modes
2.What Aperture range is available on your lenses
3.How to use a narrow Depth of Field to blur the background of your shots
4.How to freeze and blur movement using Shutter Priority
5. How to use Auto-Focus Points to determine what's in focus
6. How to find the Sweet Spot on your lens.
BONUS: you get free downloadable Cheat Sheets for each exercise & professionally-designed PDF guides on each topic.
Say goodbye to AUTO - for good!
YOUR TUTOR: Ray Salisbury
Hi there! My name is Ray, & I live in Nelson, the sunshine capital of New Zealand.
been a keen landscape photographer for over 40 years. My bachelor
degree in Graphic Design included two years' training in photography,
and I now sell images to stock libraries, calendars and magazines.
But my passion is in sharing my success secrets with those of you who are not satisfied with your photos. For 12 years I have inspired
thousands of students as a
qualified art teacher.
teaching professional, I know that a one-way monologue is the most
ineffective method of communication, (and the most boring).
And you all have different personalities;
different learning styles & speeds. I get that, so my courses are tailored to aural, visual & kinesthetic learners.
Plus, I have peppered my courses with animated diagrams, visual aids, quirky quizzes & carefully designed worksheets.
Surprisingly, the most important part of my training courses are NOT
the video lectures, but the hands-on exercises where YOU get to put
theory into practice.
If you have trouble navigating my course, or would like some help, don't hesitate. My email address is: email@example.com
See you on the inside...
Photography Tutor @ Hot Pixels Photography
BEFORE YOU ENROLL... consider this:
You have two pricing options: SOLO and VIP. Choose the one that best fits your learning style.
To guarantee you do not waste this opportunity, we make it easy. When you enroll into the VIP course, your virtual tutor will push you along using proven psychological methods, such as:
Accountability : people perform better under observation
Specificity : breaking down lessons into actionable steps with deadlines
Social Awareness : people do stuff to be valued members of a tribe
Skin In The Game : when folks invest money, they are more committed to take action.
You still get the same video training as for the SOLO option...
- Accountability to Virtual Tutor (the presenter, Ray Salisbury)
- Drip-Fed Content via Email
- Weekly Deadlines are set
- 2 X Half-hour Coaching Calls via Skype (or Facebook Messenger)
Get started now!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What CURRENCY is shown for the the course PRICE?
U.S. Dollars - because we have students from over 150 countries.
- Can I preview this course before purchasing?
Yes. You may 'try before you buy'. A handful of lectures are available to watch as a sampler.
- What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
- When does the course start and finish?
1) SOLO (self-paced) course - starts now and never ends! This option is completely self-paced - you decide when you start and when you finish.
2) VIP (drip-fed) course - Module 1 is available immediately upon enrollment, so you can get stuck in. But to avoid overwhelm, more content is emailed to you each week, in manageable chunks, with set deadlines.
- Explain the difference between the 2 prices.
1) SOLO (self-paced) course. You get full access to all material, and can work through at your own pace.
2) VIP (drip-fed) course. Your virtual tutor will email you content weekly, which should take about 30 minutes each week to complete. This avoids information overload or binge watching, to ensure you really remember and put these principles into practice. Choose this option if you want a Virtual Tutor to keep you accountable.
- How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
- Who is this course for?
Discover Your DSLR is primarily designed for new owners of DSLR - or mirrorless - cameras. Any beginner who needs to understand the fundamentals of how to take control of their camera.
- Is this course mainly Talking Head lectures?
No. Monologues are the most in-effective method of communication.Inside the videos are digital animations, diagrams, example photos & close-ups of camera functions.To reinforce your learning, you also get worksheets, PDFs & quizzes.
- Few folks ever completely finish these online courses. Can you help me to complete the course?
Yes. When you enroll in the VIP option, you are paying extra for a virtual tutor to hold your hand, and guide you.
You get 2 half-hour coaching calls via Skype (or Facebook Messenger), to use when you get stuck. This can solve specific problems using your camera model, or in understanding instructions.
Weekly deadlines are set so you feel more accountable, and more likely to put in the time required.
- Can I download the video lessons to my computer?
Yes. However, because the lectures are filmed in high-definition (1080p), they may take a few hours to download, and may clog up your device. High speed internet is recommended for this.
Look for the 'download' feature on each individual lecture.
- Is there a course workbook?
Yes & No. Not everybody can print from their computers, tablets or smart phones. Therefore, much of the supplementary material is in PDF format. So you can save it to your device and print it out later, if necessary.
- I cannot afford this course. Why is it so expensive?
Pricing is very relative to what YOU want to achieve.
For example... how much would you pay to cut years off your photographic journey?
What would it cost you for a photography class at your local polytechnic?
What would they charge you for a weekend photography workshop?
- What DSLR cameras are shown in this course?
The tutor demonstrates the key functions of a Canon 5D MkIII, a Nikon D7100, and a Sony A6000 mirror-less camera.
As there are hundreds of models on today's market, it would be almost impossible to show every camera model.
Thus, you will need to refer to your camera's manual for exact step-by-step instructions.